Archive for the ‘Top News!’ Category
Thank you for being a loyal HyperWorks Insider reader and customer. As 2012 closes, we wanted to recap some of our articles and stories from our brightest and best. Below, you will find links to review all of our 2012 “Feature Articles”,” Customer Spotlights”, ”Learning Videos”, and more. We hope you have enjoyed what the Altair HyperWorks Insider has had to offer in 2012 and we look forward to great things in 2013!
In order to make the 2013 Altair HyperWorks Insider even better than ever, we would love to hear your feedback on our current Insider, as well as hear some of the topics you would like to see in 2013. We have created a quick 5-question anonymous survey that we would appreciate if you could take two minutes of your time to complete.
Again, thank you once again for your loyalty, we look forward to our future correspondence in 2013!
A year of Feature Articles
- Safety and Crashworthiness Protective Measures in the Bus Industry
- Simulation Driven Design in Electronics: Changing the Industry That Changes You
- Single Matrix Solution and Multi-level Smart Multiphysics: Five Questions to Detlef Schneider
- The Challenge of Crashworthiness for Composites Cars
- Challenges and Opportunities in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Model Calibration Using Optimization Techniques
- Why Composites Are Taking Off in the Aviation Industry
- What’s Better Than an Intuitive Technology That Allows You to Explore Non-intuitive-optimal Solutions?
- Where Do You Get Your Loads To Assess Component Strength And Durability?
- Altair in the Cloud
- Coupling Simulations: A Simple Way to Increase Results Accuracy
A Year of Customer Spotlights
Throughout 2012 the HyperWorks Insider featured customer successes across many industries, regions and applications.
- [AB]structures Relies on HyperWorks in Developing Three Record Breaking Round the World Racing Yachts
- Nippon Sharyo Uses AcuSolve Simulation to Make Japan’s Bullet Trains Safer, More Comfortable
- Altair Enables BorgWarner to Automate Process for Determining Combined Impact of Temperature and Mechanical Stress on Turbochargers.
- Kanto Auto Works: Topology Optimization Used to Make Lighter Plastic Parts.
- Amphenol: Creating One of the Thinnest SIM Card Readers in the World
- NASA: A Safer Landing with Water Impact Analysis
- HyperWorks Improves Development Processes at PSA Peugeot Citroën
- Customer Spotlight: Gordon Murray Design
- Formula Student Racing
- Customer Spotlight: TADANO FAUN
- Global Appliance Manufacturer Mabe Analyzes Spin Cycle with HyperWorks to Improve Washing Machines and Bring Them to Market Faster
A Year of Learning Videos
- Morphing Using Morph Volumes
- solidThinking Inspire 9.0 – Sketch Tools
- Learning Spotlight: RADIOSS
- Learning Spotlight: HyperCrash
- Learning Spotlight: AcuSolve
- Learning Spotlight: HyperStudy
- Composites Modeling in HyperMesh
- solidThinking Inspire
- HyperWorks BasicFEA
- Learning Spotlight: Altair Compute Manager
- Learning Spotlight: HyperForm 11.0 New Features Overview
A Year of Tips & Tricks
- Automatic Application of Single–Point Constraints (AUTOSPC)
- Mesh Extend Using Mesh Edit Panel
- Save Views in the Model Browser
- Annotations of Hotspots
- Save Views in the Model Browser
- Show/Hide/Isolate available on Keyboard (not just in browser)
- Autopitch Tool
- 2D Element Cleanup Using Quality Index Tools
- Using HyperMath to Contour Custom Results in HyperView
- Using Meshlines in HyperMesh
- What is Frequency Response Analysis in Radioss
- Map Thickness from Geometry to FE Model
- Morph Wall Thickness
- Toolbar For Efficient Check and Repair of Failed Elements
- Model Checking with Auto Correction Feature
- Map Surface Mesh to Another Surface, by Translational and/or Rotational Symmetrical Conditions.
- Flex Body Simulation
- MotionView CAD Interfacing for Model Building
- February 2012
- January, 2012
A Year of Partner Alliance Spotlights
- HyperWorks Partner Alliance Expands Composites Offering Further by Adding MultiMech Suite to the Program.
- TES International is Broadening Their Relationship with the HyperWorks Partner Alliance by Adding their Thermal- and Fluid-flow Analysis Software, ThermoFlo, to the Lineup.
- TES International is now Part of the HWPA
- HWPA Extends Breadth of Composite Solutions by Partnering Componeering
- HWPA Adds Process Structure Interaction Solution CONVERSE
- Anaglyph Furthers Relationship With Altair by Adding its Composite and Laminate Analysis Software to Altair’s HyperWorks Partner Alliance
- Altair Strengthens Thermal Technology Offering with New HWPA Partner C&R Technologies
- Multibody Dynamic Analysis Vehicle Simulation Software Now Available Through The HyperWorks Partner Alliance
- Altair and Ontonix Offer Complexity Management Solution for Achieving Simple and Robust Design
- New HWPA Software RadTherm Compliments CFD Thermal Analysis
- New HWPA Partner Brings Unparallel Metal Properties Expertise to the HyperWorks Suite
Altair Engineering Opens High-Powered Data Center
to Support Cloud-Based HyperWorks On-Demand
Altair Engineering, Inc., today announced the opening of an exceptionally high-powered data center in Troy, Mich., this month to house and manage its growing HyperWorks On-Demand cloud-based computer-aided engineering (CAE) solution for customers who rely on high-performance computing.
Th!nklabs Design Consultancy is Altair’s Newest Service Offering
So, what is Th!nklabs? Th!nklabs is a multi-disciplinary design studio crafting memorable & engaging user experiences for products and brands. If you are looking for assistance in Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Branding, In-Depth User & Customer Research, or Brainstorming assistance, we are the group to contact. Some incredible HyperWorks customers have already leveraged our talents in the past, and we would love to use our expertise to assist you.
In the past, we have been asked many, many times about it, and now, finally, the answer is YES we do have a
HyperWorks 11.0 Student Edition - Become inspired!
Acquisition solidly positions Altair as a major player in the CFD market and at the forefront of multi-physics simulation.