Latest posts by Fiona Richardson (see all)
- Getting the 3D Mesh of your CAD Model Ready for Electromagnetic Simulation, in an Efficient Way - May 19, 2017
- FEKO 2017.1 New Features - May 19, 2017
- Flux & System Simulation Coupling - March 31, 2017
Peter Futter – Application Specialist Business Development – EM Solutions
FEKO 2017.1 was released this month (May 2017) with a range of new features and bug fixes. Some of the highlights in this release include:
- A new cache file stores cable per-unit-length parameters which speeds up continuous frequency range calculations for cable harnesses
- Near field aperture source transformations for PO and LE-PO resulting in significant speedup
- Network voltage sources support added for the RL-GO solver
- Parameter sweep plugin extensions
- FEKO Student Edition now allows the import of Parasolid CAD geometry
- Significant improvement working with a large number of points – when importing NASTRAN segments (CADFEKO) or when working with time signals (POSTFEKO).
Extensions to the POSTFEKO API include:
- New methods for exporting *.mat files. Matrices, complex matrices, datasets and tables (that may contain numbers or strings) can be exported to *.mat
- Improved options are available to read data from *.mat file and to manipulate the imported data.
Further information about this release is available in the release notes.