Latest posts by Fiona Richardson (see all)
- FEKO Website Content Migration to Altair Locations - March 25, 2018
- Designing EMC Compliant Products for a Connected World - February 26, 2018
- Why Join the Electromagnetic Support Forums? - September 20, 2017
A simple case study at 50MHz to demonstrate the effect on aircraft RCS of using carbon fibre body panels, rather than metallic body panels.
- Compute the monostatic RCS of an F5 fighter aircraft.
- Demonstrate the differences in RCS between a fully metallic airframe and an airframe where the majority of body panels are made from carbon fibre.
- Single layer of carbon fibre and used in construction (few metallic parts remain), with fibre alignment direction and metallic areas as indicated here.
- Carbon fibres are bonded with epoxy, resulting in layers with the following electromagnetic properties.
Azimuth Scanned RCS
Elevation Scanned RCS
Visit the website