FEMFAT offers fatigue life prediction of all vehicle components (engine, gearbox, chassis, frames, car bodies and structures) and machinery equipment based on Finite Element Analyses (FEA). Additionally in consideration of complex multi-axial loadings, an assessment of welding seams as well as spot welds and self piercing rivets in steel and aluminum can be carried out. Components undergoing thermo-mechanical loadings can be assessed considering effects of material plasticity, elevated temperature (oxidation) and creep.
Use FEMFAT for fatigue analysis and optimization on components like:
- Engine crank case, cylinder head, crank shaft, and connecting rod
- Axles and suspension components
- Body in white, chassis structures with spot joints
- Transmission housing and transmission components
- Welded steel and aluminum structures
- Low weight frames for tractors, trucks, busses, rail transport systems, cranes, etc.
- A Walk Through the Simulations Gallery - December 19, 2017
- Trends in Structural Analysis: FEA, Composites, HPC, and Beyond - October 27, 2017
- Two Wheeled Self-balancing Scooter: A Multi-disciplinary Design Approach - September 26, 2017