Latest posts by Fiona Richardson (see all)
- FEKO Website Content Migration to Altair Locations - March 25, 2018
- Designing EMC Compliant Products for a Connected World - February 26, 2018
- Why Join the Electromagnetic Support Forums? - September 20, 2017
A two-port probe-fed circular microstrip antenna is simulated as an example.
This example presents the computation of the S-parameters for a two-port probe-fed circular microstrip antenna. The antenna was orginally analysed in , allowing simple validation of the FEKO results. The model was set up with a special Green’s function infinite plane modelling the substrate.
- Patch radius = 20 mm.
- εr = 2.2,
- tan δ = 0.001,
- h = 2.1844 mm.
- Probe 1 (x1, y1) = (7.0, 0.0) mm.
- Probe 2 (x2, y2) = (0.0, 7.0) mm.
- Probe radius = 0.45 mm.
Figure 2 presents an S-parameter analysis for this two-port microstrip patch. Comparison with [1, Figure 4] is excellent, validating FEKO’s results.
 J. T. Aberle, D. M. Pozar, and C. R. Birtcher, “Evaluation of input impedance and radar cross section of probe-fed microstrip patch elements using an accurate feed model,” IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 39, pp. 1691–1696, Dec. 1991.
Visit the website